There’s nothing more draining to the soul than realizing you’ve done nothing all day because you’re too tired.
Nuts to that. No matter how tired I am, I make sure I’ve at least gone for a walk.
After splashing your face with cool water, “getting out there” is the best antidote to becoming a zombie.
Do a couple of sun salutes, then strap your baby in your carrier and try any of these easy suggestions:
- Go to a baby-mama coffee shop. Ask for DECAF.
- Go to the local library. Seeing your baby’s reaction to that many books in one place is priceless.
- Organize a playdate at your house. Misery loves company, as long as the company couldn’t care less that your place is a mess.
- Go to your backyard, or the park. Lie on a blanket and blow some bubbles. Seeing your baby fall over in a fit of giggles will re-energize you.
- Try out a playgroup, like the Mother Goose Rhyme Time.
- Or just walk around the block. Breathe in some fresh air.
Go out and have fun!!